Monday, December 19, 2011

myIPOD

Day 1
Final design


Day 2





     In this project, I had to create an iPod of my choice in Adobe Illustrator CS3 by using the 3D effects: Extrude and Bevel, Revolve and Rotate. Then I had to add my own skin design, have 3 different angles of the iPod and a reflection on the surface. My final product is an iPod nano 4G. I chose red for its base color and for my skin design, I have black paint splattered on it. I used "Shape" by using the Ellipse tool to create the body, the buttons and the screen. I also used "Line" by using the pen tool to create the skin design(paint splatter). I used "Gradient" by utilizing the 3D effect Extrude & Bevel to create the lighting which makes the iPod have that gradient look. I also used "Repetition" by duplicating the triangles and rectangles to create my buttons. My final design somewhat represent my sketch because it is incomplete. I didn't do the surface reflection but I did get the shape that I wanted  to make it look like an iPod nano 4G. First, it was confusing because I did not know how to make that iPod nano 4G oval body shape using the Extrude & Bevel. I always end up with a rectangular prism shape but I finally got it. Second, I could not map my screen and the buttons on the iPod without making it look weird. So I had to improvise and put them separately on a different layer on top of the iPod's body. Third, I ran out of time basically because I spent most of my time experimenting the 3D effects tools. Overall, this project was quite challenging. Curse you Missah Young!


No comments:

Post a Comment

say what you need to say...